Ships direct from Plant Based
Aotearoad Organic Basil Seeds are certified Organic by OneCert Asia and have further independent testing on arrival. Aotearoad ensures that only the highest quality seed is sourced and brought to your table. Our Organic Basil Seeds are Raw, Gluten Free, Paleo, high in Fiber, high in Iron, high in Calcium and full of Antioxidants. They also play an important part in weight management throughout Asia and the Middle East.
- Add two teaspoons to 150ml of water
- Stir occasionally to avoid clumping
- Add to food or drink
- Great in smoothies and beverages
- Cereal or porridge
- Soups and stews
- Baking mix
- 1 tsp of ground Basil seed with 3 Tbsp of water = 1 egg substitute
- Omelettes, risotto and wherever you currently use Chia seeds
Basil Seeds are an ancient superfood from Asia and Africa. Low in calories with a storehouse of different minerals including magnesium, potassium, calcium and copper. Rich in Beta Carotene, Zeaxathin and Luiten. High in iron and very high in dietary fibre. The seeds can be substituted for Chia in recipes and are a healthy paleo, gluten free, vegan addition to modern diets.